5 year old acting like he is a Baby

My 5 year old acts like a baby when he wants attention. I get busy during the day so I am sad to say sometimes I forget to give him time. But when he starts act up I feel like I am enforcing bad behavior.I know I need to spend more time with him but I still have to run a house. Any ideas?

Your child needs your attention. If you are busy, then try to give him something that he could do. Let him draw or watch the television. Make sure to find time during the day. An hour or two would be enough. By the way, are you a working mom?

Stay at home Mom

I am a stay at home Mom. When you stay at home it seems like there is always something that needs to be done. I am trying to have my oldest more active in the house work now so things still get done and we spend time together. So far he really loves to help me cook and take care of the fish. That boy can Vacuum for hours if I let him. It is so cute.

Don't reinforce this behavior. Tell him if he is going to act like a baby, then he will have to nap like the babies do.
Even though you are a stay at home mom, I realize that you are busy. You need to schedule time that you spend with your son daily. It could be just after lunch. Read books, do an art project, bake together. Have mommy and me time every day and hopefully he will start acting like a big boy again.

I am a stay at home Mom. When you stay at home it seems like there is always something that needs to be done. I am trying to have my oldest more active in the house work now so things still get done and we spend time together. So far he really loves to help me cook and take care of the fish. That boy can Vacuum for hours if I let him. It is so cute.
That is a good start. To keep your child busy, you should give him some tasks to do. Does he goes to school now? I think you should assist him first before you get back to your work. That could be a bonding time for both of you.

Get him into activities that he enjoys, like drawing, painting and like you said he also enjoys cooking which is good. Even if its half an hour try spending time with, as he will assurance that his mum is with him and spending time. If at times it gets too much try explaining to him that he acts like a baby he will get treated like one and hes a big boy he should understand.

Although this thread is old now, but hope things have got better for you. Your son is probably a full time schooler now.