Getting use to contacts

antkmom

I have had contacts in the past. My eyes are getting worse and when I read, I have to put a pair of glasses over my contacts to see to read. When I told the eye doctor about this, they switched up my contacts. I have one contact to see far with and one to read with. Talk about weird!!!

Has anyone ever heard of this before?

rashmi

Hmm, just like glasses. My dad has 2, one he uses while reading & other during normal routine. I thought contact lens didn’t have that problem.

That is really weird. I always thought they would be the same for both eye.. with little variation. I mean, I've had one eye need a stronger prescription than the other, but this sounds like a major differnce. So, I'm guessing you have one eye that's more nearsighted and one that's more farsighted?

Hmm, just like glasses. My dad has 2, one he uses while reading & other during normal routine. I thought contact lens didn’t have that problem.
Yes, there are two types of glasses, one for reading and one for normal view. At the same time, there are contact lenses that are intended for reading and for normal view.