healthy pizza dough

Zara

1 and 1/2 cup warm water
1T yeast
1t salt
1T olive oil plus extra for oiling the bowl
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 and 1/2 cup white flour

mix water, sugar, salt, oil and yeast in mixing bowl. wait 10 minutes for the yeast to activate in get really foamy. Add the flour and combine (I just combine it all in my kitchen-aid mixing bowl using the dough hook) once all the liquid and flour is combined, let it rest for 5 minutes. Then knead for 10 minutes by hand or you can use the dough hook. Add more flour as necessary. If kneading with the mixer, you'll want to knead it a little by hand at the end to make sure that the dough is good. It should be not too firm, not too soft, and be elastic when pinched.

oil up the bowl and roll dough in the oil, cover and let rise in a warm dark place like in your oven that has the pilot light on. Let rise for 50 minutes. When done rising, punch down and turn out onto floured surface. knead for a few turns. divide dough into four flattened balls. each ball will make one medium thin crust pizza. You can use immediately or refrigerate in a well sealed container for two days. (warning the dough will rise so make sure there is plenty of room)

1 and 1/2 cup warm water
1T yeast
1t salt
1T olive oil plus extra for oiling the bowl
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 and 1/2 cup white flour

mix water, sugar, salt, oil and yeast in mixing bowl. wait 10 minutes for the yeast to activate in get really foamy. Add the flour and combine (I just combine it all in my kitchen-aid mixing bowl using the dough hook) once all the liquid and flour is combined, let it rest for 5 minutes. Then knead for 10 minutes by hand or you can use the dough hook. Add more flour as necessary. If kneading with the mixer, you'll want to knead it a little by hand at the end to make sure that the dough is good. It should be not too firm, not too soft, and be elastic when pinched.

oil up the bowl and roll dough in the oil, cover and let rise in a warm dark place like in your oven that has the pilot light on. Let rise for 50 minutes. When done rising, punch down and turn out onto floured surface. knead for a few turns. divide dough into four flattened balls. each ball will make one medium thin crust pizza. You can use immediately or refrigerate in a well sealed container for two days. (warning the dough will rise so make sure there is plenty of room)
Nice recipe. I am looking forward to making this healthy pizza dough and my toppings for my pizza would be vegetarian so both are healthy.

Useful recipe for the pizza dough Zara, but isnt this the usual way to make dough for pizza and the same ingredients?

Zara

Regular pizza dough does not use whole wheat flour. There are a lot of different ways to make pizza dough. When you try to substitute whole wheat flour in some recipes the dough does not have enough elasticity. One of the keys here is to let the dough rest before kneading and knead for the full 10 minutes. Also, I have tried substituting various amounts of whole wheat flour in different recipes and this is the best combination I have come up with. I'd love to use 100% whole grain, but the result would not be as tasty so this recipe is a good compromise of taste and nutrition.