When do they wipe themselves?

antkmom

I run a daycare and all of the 4 yr olds I have still call me in to wipe them after they go to the bathroom! Isn't this odd?
All of my kids were able to wipe themselves once they were in preschool.
What are your thoughts on this?

That does seem odd to me as well. I thought kids learned to use the bathroom and then knew how to wipe themselves as well. 4 years old seems really late to me. I was able to do all of that at the age of 1. I mean, all kids are different, but that's weird that so many of them are still needing your help.

There are kids who's their parents haven't teach them to wipe themselves. It depends on the parents training. If you have students that calls you after going to the bathroom, you need to teach them yourself so they will remember you every time they doing their thing.

Mommy2

It depends on the child, most can't reach there properly so it would be important to check them afterwards and personally I feel it would be better to leave it till they are about 6/7 years as at that age they can reach properly and understand the importance of wiping properly.

It depends on the child, most can't reach there properly so it would be important to check them afterwards and personally I feel it would be better to leave it till they are about 6/7 years as at that age they can reach properly and understand the importance of wiping properly.
Really? WOW! I dunno why, but that seems pretty old to me.. hmmm..

Then what do these kids do when they are in school? They have to learn to wipe before they go to school so they can take care of themselves when going to the bathroom.

Tammy

You can try to convey to their parents that the kids must be taught to wipe themselves up. Besides under your & their parent’s guidance, the kids will learn & develop the habit to cleanup. Being independent for using the loo will help to boast their morals.